Monday, December 19, 2011

How it came to be...

Based on feedback from family and friends, I have decided to blog about my lfe as a mommy. Of three preschoolers.  Since there have been days when I have barely had time to pee, this will be an undertaking, but I hope to make you laugh at the antics of my daily life with 3 children all born within 19 months...
How did this happen? I had twins, and then miraculously became pregnant with a third baby in an act I am sure I did not have time for, and probably should have been sleeping instead of, when they were appx 10 months old.

Why did this happen? Because I am truly blessed and God knew I had more strength and patience than I ever dreamed.

But that doesn't mean it's easy at all, and while I'd never change my situation, I'd sure as hell not recommend anyone try to fill a small bus with offspring in under two years. Triple strollers are really heavy and hard to navigate.

I always said I wanted one baby, I never wanted to be outnumbered, and if I did in fact have more than one, they would be spaced out...a lot.

I used to sneer at women who had kids crawling all over them, as well as the table, the top of the TV and jumping on the couch.

Someone would complain about kids playing in the toilet and coloring on the wall and I would think, "idiot, what the hell did you think would happen when you decided to have a litter?"


yep, now I am so that woman. I get nasty looks and comments at the grocery store, church, and even the kiddie gym. (Seriously bitch, it's a kiddie gym, they are supposed to run around like wild monkeys).

My life is full, my hands are full and my heart is full...I LOVE being a mom, but as the title states, it's not always sweet and beautiful...sometimes it stinks, literally, and sometimes the mama bear in me comes out and I will want to kick someone's ass. (usually my awesome husband's). Sometimes this blog will be irreverant and graphic and downright distasteful...Sometimes it will be sweet and awwwww-inspiring. Follow along and let me know what you think...


PS, although I was in fact an English major, please excuse misspellings and bad contractions, etc..I have young kids after all and there is an excellent chance one is climbing on me at any given moment....

2 comments:

  1. I have 3 toddlers as well, but no twins. (They're all under 5.) Although...when do they stop being called "toddlers?" Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Anyway, I get the whole not having time to pee thing, but blogging is a great outlet, and you'll find the time. Even if it takes you all day to write one post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this--I don't know if I never saw it or if I din't comment, but it's great! I can SOOO relate to this. Mine are now five, six and eight...sixteen months between the firs two and nineteen months between the second two (or is it the other way around? I seriously have no clue about ANYTHING anymore!) and I SOOOO remember the days when they were infant, 1, and 2, 1,2,and,3, and 2,3,and 4. In fact, I didn't really come out of the "fog" until they were...well...5, 6, and 7! When my daughter turned five I figured it was time. I too was an English major--and an English TEACHER, but you cannot tell in my writing. EVER.

    ReplyDelete