Monday, December 19, 2011

nap time

I am always exhausted. Always.I havent really slept in five years. And I have a little monkey who insists on waking up by 6:15 every morning. Even if we keep him up late.  Even when time changes.  Even when I sneak in at 5 am and slip him Benadryl. (kidding)

there are two things that motivate me to get my exhausted butt out of the bed: coffee, and the idea of taking a nap when the little ones do. I picture myself crawling back into bed in about six and a half hours, the house is quiet, the covers are cozy. This vision helps me put my feet on the floor in the morning and stumble into the kitchen and turn on my Keurig and begin the never ending ritual of filling sippy cups.

However, these envisioned naps rarely occur. There are always 12 things that need to be done..Laundry, dishes, etc.  If I don't do these things during naptime, then I must engage in what I call the 5 oclock shuffle.  This entails running all over the house in an attempt to make it seem relatively clean and orderly, as well as try to start dinner, before hubby gets home from work.

On those rare occasions that I feel I am "caught up" enough to sit down for a few minutes while the kids nap, there is obviously some trash-tv on my DVR that I simply must get caught up on. I am sure I will get into my trash tv likes on a later entry, but if I fall too far behind in the lives of the Pretty Little Liars or kids in the 90210 I wont have much to talk to my sister about other than my kids.  And I could wax poetic about my kids forever. They are, obviously, the most amazing kids in the world.

So anyway, I never get to nap. Ever...even though I tempt myself out of bed with the thought every morning.  You'd think by now I would know that I am a liar.

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to take naps!!!!

    Those very few times that I get one in, I feel like complete utter dog shit!!!! It's like I have medicine head, the flu and PMS all at the same time!

    It blows! Huge major chunks!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete