Tuesday, March 27, 2012

poor MINNIE

I hate potty training...like really really hate it. I have 2 down, one to go. Everyone said the girl would be the easiest. Apparently girls seem to "get it" sooner than boys, and she also has 2 slightly older brothers... so she, in fact, does do most things early in an attempt try keep up with them. But using the throne is not coming easily to my princess.

This morning when I was changing her pull up, she yelled "I have to pee!"  So we ran to the bathroom and placed her on the seat made for especially tiny butts and lo and behold..I heard the tinkle. She was quite surprised and said, "I CAN do it!". We cheered, we called daddy, and all of the grandparents. We celebrated with gummy bears...and we put on Minnie Mouse undies.
"Don't pee on Minnie, make sure you tell mommy and we will ruuuuun to the potty again!"

She nodded and looked at me with her huge brown, long lashed eyes solemnly. I dared to dream of being diaper free after four and 1/2 years. Could it be? I am really getting sick of pee and poop. Please let it be.

Fast forward 15 minutes..
"Mommy, I am peeing again". Sure enough..there was a little puddle forming on the carpet.  Ruuuuun to the bathroom. Too late, but we will keep trying.  On to Daisy Duck undies. Minnie gets tossed in the hamper.

"Mommy, I want Candy now."

"No, baby, the candy is for when your pee pee is in the potty".

She nods, I go make a second cup of coffee.

Return to the family room..

"Mommy, my pee pee is in the potty."

"No baby, you peed on Minnie...not in the potty. But it's ok, we will keep trying."

As I tell her this I hear the quiet rushing sound of the toilet right after it is flushed.

Walk into the bathroom...

Walk into her room and look in the hamper...

No Minnie.

"ummm, baby, where is Minnie?"

"In the potty."

"Did you flush Minnie down the potty".

Big solemn brown eyes again, nodding.

I guess she put her pee in the potty alright. 

Now where is my plunger?

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! And you didnt call Aunt Trish to cheer for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bless her heart...and yours! You're doing a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the heck did I miss this one last week?? You poor thing...potty training is NOT fun. Not one bit. But that sweet girl is trying to be successful, even if it means putting her pee in the potty via minnie! LOL xoxo
    You've got your work cut out for you...you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across this post and am cracking up!

    ReplyDelete