Sunday, January 29, 2012

I need a trip to the hospital

So there's been a lot of talk about Demi Moore and other celebrities being hospitalized for "exhaustion".  Usually I just roll my eyes and move on, because I'd much rather hear about who they are dating, who they broke up with, what they wore, etc, rather than than how tired they are. I guess I am shallow like that. I don't want to hear about their politics. I don't want to hear about how upset they are with their lack of privacy. I am interested if they are pregnant, sometimes interested when they get arrested. It affects my life in no way whatsoever but I admit I get sucked in to pop-culture. But I DO NOT want to hear about how exhausted they are.

I had three kids in 19 months. I had twins who both woke up to eat every 2 hours. I had babies with colic which responded to nothing but a constantly running hairdryer.  I pushed a 4 ft long triple stroller all over the place. I get three kids dressed for Dr appts, church, playdates. I take three young kids grocery shopping.  I stay at home with these three chuckleheads all week, work on Saturdays and volunteer in the pre-k chapel or nursery at church some Sundays.  I take 3 kids to the zoo, movie, firestation, park.

In the last month, I had an ovary removed, my 2 year old broke her arm, all three of my kids got the stomach flu for a week, followed by my husband and I catching it. I broke a tooth, which I am pretty sure will result in a damn root canal.  I wouldn't change my life for anything..but I am freakin exhausted. I just don't have time to be hospitalized for it.

5 comments:

  1. AMEN!! WTF do they get exhausted from, taking a crap? I mean seriously. They have maids, nannys, assistants, ALl they have to do is feed themselves, sleep, shower and poop. Everything else is done for them. I try not to pay attention to it either, just makes me annoyed and I dont have time to be annoyed lol. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the bomb, sweet pea! And a REAL woman...not just someone who plays one on TV. Don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I always say I need an addiction so I can go to rehab at a beach somewhere for 90 days like on intervention.

    ReplyDelete